Monday, July 7, 2008

Orlando, Florida

I'm way behind on blogging. You will probably see a lot of posts from me in the coming days in an attempt to catch up. So watch for lots of photos! This group is from a quick weekend trip Jim and I took to Orlando. One of our stops was the world-famous Jack Brown's Seaplane Base, known for training more seaplane pilots (approx. 11,000 to date) than anywhere in the world. I can't tell you how awesome Jack Brown's is. I got my Single-Engine Sea rating there back in 2002, as a fresh Private Pilot with a grand total of 50 hours of total time to my credit. I survived.

I've always wanted to go back and jumped at the chance. I bought Jim and myself each a lesson. These first three photos were taken while Jim was off flying - in fact, the shot of the Piper Cub taxiing away from me was Jim heading out for his lesson. The last shot was taken by Jim, and is of me and my wonderful British instructor, Brian, heading back in at the end of our lesson. It's a good thing I don't live closer to Orlando...Winter Haven, specifically...or I'd be more broke than I am already!






0 comments: